Last Updated February 2010
Home Appliance Mart is a licensee of the TRUSTe Privacy Program. TRUSTe is
an independent, organization whose mission is to enable individuals and organizations
to establish trusting relationships based on respect for personal identity
and information by promoting the use of fair information practices. This privacy
statement covers the site www.WitbeckAppliance.com. Because this Web site wants
to demonstrate its commitment to our users’ privacy, it has agreed to
disclose its information practices and have its privacy practices reviewed
for compliance by TRUSTe. By displaying the TRUSTe trustmark, WitbeckAppliance.com has agreed to notify users of:
1. What personally identifiable information Home Appliance Mart collects from
2. What personally identifiable information third parties collect through the
3. What organization collects the information.
4. How Home Appliance Mart uses the information.
5. With whom Home Appliance Mart may share user information.
6. What choices are available to users regarding collection, use and distribution
of the information.
7. What measures Home Appliance Mart takes to protect the information under
8. How users can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first
contact our eCommerce Director email at firstname.lastname@example.org If you do
not receive acknowledgment of your inquiry, or if your inquiry is not satisfactorily
addressed, you should then contact TRUSTe through the TRUSTe Watchdog Dispute
Resolution Process (http://www.truste.com/consumers/watchdog_complaint.php).
TRUSTe will serve as a liaison with the Web site to resolve your concerns.
The following discloses Home Appliance Mart’s information gathering
and dissemination practices for this Web site: www.WitbeckAppliance.com, which
is owned and operated by Home Appliance Mart. We have created this privacy
in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. Home Appliance Mart
does not share, sell, trade, or rent your personal information to third parties
for promotional reasons.
• We do not link IP address/ log files to personally
identifiable information. We use your IP address to help collect data about
what city and state you are
visiting us from.
• A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for
we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while
on our site.
to track non-personally identifiable information about visitors to our site
in the aggregate, e.g., usage and volume statistics to measure advertising
• Third-Party Web Beacons: We use third-party web beacons to help analyze where
visitors go and what they do while visiting our Web site. They may also use
anonymous information about your visits to this and other Web sites in order
to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods
and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about
this practice and to know your choices about not having this information
used by Google Analytics, click here.
• WitbeckAppliance.com does contain links to other Web sites.
When you click on these links you are actually clicking to another site. These
may be different from ours and we suggest you read them.
• Home Appliance Mart, through our Web site www.WitbeckAppliance.com,
collects your personal order information for processing your payments and setting
appliance delivery, including your credit card. We share your credit card information
with the credit card company so a payment can be made. We share your name,
address, email address and phone number you proved to our shipping companies
in order for them to make the delivery. These third parties are prohibited
from using your personally identifiable information for promotional purposes
• Our website is hosted by Network Solutions. They do not or use personal information
you provide when placing on-line orders. Network Solutions collects the information
you provide when you place an online order and then that information is transmitted
back to Home Appliance Mart.
• We also use an email service provider to send promotional emails and process
They do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information
for any other purposes.
• We collect visitor’s contact information (like their email address,
phone number and address) and financial information (like their credit card
number) when you create an account. Our site uses an order form for customers
to purchase products. Contact information from the order form is used to send
orders to our customers. Financial information that is collected is used to
bill the user for products and services.
• Your information will be used to contact you regarding your order, payment
and delivery. We may occasionally send you information on products, special
deals and promotions. You can sign up for these emails from us any time. Out
of respect for your privacy, we present the option not to receive these types
of communications by logging into “my account”, “manage mailing
lists”, and unclicking “newsletter”. We will not sell your
information to anyone.
• If you would like to update or change your information, please email us at
email@example.com or call 800-948-2325. You also have the option to
log into “my account”, “edit profile” to update your
personal information such as your email, address, phone number and other personal
• Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose
personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief
that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding,
a court order or legal process served on our Web site.
• The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter
sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number)
on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure
socket layer technology (SSL). Home Appliance Mart uses thawte SSL Web Server
Certificates on our site.
• We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information
submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method
of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100%
secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable
means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can send email
us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site,
we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically
send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Home
Appliance Mart does not store this information and it is for the sole purpose
of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
• We also have testimonials on our site. All users who
have provided testimonials with their personal information have given permission
to post these testimonials
on our site.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this
Web site, or your dealings with this web site, you can contact:
Attn: eCommerce Director
33086 Northwestern Hwy.
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
privacy statement and other places we deem appropriate so that you are aware
of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances,
if any, we disclose it.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time. If we make
material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means
of a notice on our home page.